Before I write about the triathlon (which I finished!) it is important I write about getting to see Regis & Kelly first…I actually wrote this piece the day I saw the show, but couldn’t connect to the Internet so I never posted this one. Just pretend it is last Friday. Thanks.
Ok, ok, so I know I came up to NJ to complete a triathlon… BUT… this morning I got to satisfy a longtime silly dream of mine. I took the train (5:42 a.m. to be exact) into Manhattan with Lauren and got to see Live with Regis and Kelly in the ABC studio at Lincoln Center. I’ve been a fan of the show since around 2001 during my college years and have followed pretty religiously since that time. Yes, let me just say it, I love Regis and Kelly.
The only buzz kill was that Regis was off, which WAS a major disappointment, but I still felt compelled to go to the show anyway. After all, I am not sure when another chance such as this will come my way.
Soooo… here a few (poor quality) pictures that surmise my early morning in NYC.
Apologies for the poor quality, but it was the best I could do without a flash. And I am pretty sure my hands were shaking from all the excitement. Or maybe it was all the coffee. Either way, you get the picture.
Best moments of the show:
- Kelly Ripa – she is adorable.
- Seth Meyers (co-host for the day) – he is adorable, too, and quite funny.
- Getting to see Michael Gelman, Art Moore & Schully – they are like my people (they just don’t know it).
- Hearing the opening, music and announcer in person.
- Commercial breaks. Kelly really interacts with the crowd, and I just loved watching all the producers and camera crew scurrying around.
- Feeling the presence of Regis even though he wasn’t there in the flesh.
- Moment of silence at the end for September 11. It gave me chills. Enough said.
Worst moments of the show:
- Allowing the couple, who was in front of us, let us go into the studio first. The lady went onto win the trivia prize ($500 gift certificate to Pier One) of the day when it should have been Lauren… if only we had stayed in the correct order. Yes, I am still bitter.
- The Swamp Brothers bringing out… get ready… no joke… a huge python!?! Only me. My snake phobia has only worsened since this morning.
All in all… a great experience. I am grateful to city-savvy Lauren who was my companion for the morning and helped me get to and from the studio… and then a walk through Central Park post-show. I am also (always) grateful to Jan for being on Lance-duty and allowing his Mommy to fulfill a silly dream.
Maybe one day I’ll get to see Regis… until then Kelly Ripa & crew hit the spot.