Over the course of the last week we moved. I consider this post a masterful literary mind dump written in the finest prose. Moving really brings that out in a person!
Call it a wacky list of wackiness if you’d like.
Call it a disorganized list of disorganization if you’d like.
Call it a jumbled list of jumbledness if you’d like.
Call it crappy list of crappiness if you’d like.
1. My email inbox is as flooded and cluttered as my mind and I don’t even know where to begin reading and responding and deleting. Waah, I want my clean inbox back!
2. I may not have any friends (yet), but I am in grocery store heaven (though very unlikely I will find Duke’s mayonnaise or pimento cheese).
3. We are temporarily living in a guest house of a B&B, that was built in the late 1800s. It’s like really old.
4. The desk I am working at is over two-hundred years old. I think I’d like to steal it.
5. The decor in this house makes me feel like I have gone back in time. Really far.
6. There is no dishwasher in this house.
7. I think in another week or so I might start dressing Victorian or old-fashioned or something so I blend into the house better.
8. Or not.
9. Kids are doing good.
10. Aside from Vivian being attached to my hip at all times.
11. It’s amazing the tasks I’ve been able to complete with a 25 lb. baby on my hip!
12. My hip hurts.
13. The lady (let’s call her Queen) who owns the B&B and our guest house is very nice and super chatty.
14. She has a lovely garden area between the main house and our house where she said Lance could play.
15. She has two bee houses in one part of the garden.
16. I think we’ll avoid the garden.
17. Queen has a cute statue of two children with birds on their heads in her front yard.
18. Said children’s names are Albert and Victoria.
19. They are Lance’s new friends.
20. I knew he would make friends before me.
21. I now refer to Luke the Pug as Luke the Pugsylvanian.
22. Get it?
23. Hardy har har.
24. Queen told me there is a midget who lives next door to us.
25. I haven’t had any midget sightings yet, but I hope we can become friends.
26. Easter weekend was wonderful.
27. I got to spend it with my family.
28. Sitting next to my Grandma at church was my favorite part.
29. I am behind in all of my correspondence with the rest of this world.
30. Oh well, texts, blogs, and Facebook didn’t exist in the Victorian Era.
31. I am happy (go listen to Pharrell Williams).
32. Then have the best day of your life (go listen to American Authors).
33. Lance’s new favorite song is Blowin’ in the Wind (Joan Baez version).
34. This cracks me up!
35. Our movers kicked butt.
36. All of our “stuff” is in temporary storage until July.
37. I don’t miss it.
38. At all.
39. Except the hardware to Vivian’s crib, which is missing.
40. I think the movers might be responsible.
41. Because it just couldn’t be Jan or my fault!!
42. Thank you to the inventors of the pack-n-play.
43. The only other thing I have missed is my hairbrush.
44. I have been using Jan’s comb (which is funny considering he has no hair) for almost a week.
45. But today I bought a new brush.
46. Thank you ConAir.
47. Vivian has room to walk in this house!
48. I have no idea what I am going to do tomorrow.
49. Or the next day.
50. Or the next day.
51. Or the next day.
52. My old schedule gone.
53. Now I get to create a new schedule, which is exciting!
54. Heck I don’t even know what I’ll do in the next hour of the kid’s nap time.
54. I guess I can start by cleaning out my inbox and returning some calls and texts.
55. Or I could go hand wash my dishes and prepare a warm dinner on a platter and greet my husband at the door with an apron and a smile in a lacy hoop skirt.
56. But for now, I’ll settle for a researching local children’s events and perhaps a running group.
57. Clap along, clap along with me because I’m happy.
58. This is gonna be the best day of my life. My li-i-i-i-i-ii-ife…Oo-o-o-o-o-o!
59. The rest of the answers are blown’ in the wind.
Enjoy the adventure of the day,
The Banter Lady
p.s. Miss you Danville friends!!